This is a great recipe if you like meatballs. Very easy and delicious! It’s great anytime and makes a really well received appetizer or entree for a pot luck.
Yield: 45 large meatballs
- Place the ground beef, onions, cracker crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix together. I prefer to use my hands, so I wear a pair of disposable gloves.
- Add the milk and then mix again.
- Roll the meatball mixture into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Once we have the meatballs rolled, we can make the sauce. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook in the oven at 350°F for about 1 hour.
This recipe makes about 45 large meatballs, but if you were making them for an appetizer, this recipe could make upwards of 60 or 70 smaller meatballs. Be careful if you make them smaller, as they will take less time to cook. Be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. ENJOY!!!
- 2 lb of Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 2 cups of Cracker Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- 1 tbsp of Mustard
- 3/4 cup of White Vinegar